Friday, July 11, 2008

Short and sweet... just like me :o)

Hi All, thought I'd give y'all an update. Vegas was a blast for me. Getting there was a battle..lol Kev and I missed the checkin at the airport by 3 minutes.. but they said we probably wouldnt have made the flight anyway because the customs line was so long. Piss poor scheduling by the airport if you ask me.. but we did make it, eventually, lol

Got off the plane in Vegas, got the bags, hopped in a cab, burned rubber to the hotel, changed, hopped another cab to the Wynn.. whew Unfortunately not everything was what we expected. Instead of a meal it was appys, nice appys but still.. after the day we had busting our asses to get there at a reasonable time we expected a dinner, with chairs and place settings.. not napkins and sideplates. Oh well. we took off and went back to the Monte and played some cash $1/2 NL.. yes, I really suck at cash games.

Friday was Day 1 for Kevin in Event 48. He played awesome!! dominated early and was chipleader for a long time on his table. Very proud of how he played :o) I saw a few big names.. Tilly, Phan, etc. anywho, as Kev grinded it out I talked to some pretty neat people on the rail from all over the country, pretty friendly folks which made standing watching bearable lol Later in the day some bad flops generated a shortness of stack and at about 9pm, going all in with slick suited and catching the Ace, Kevin busted out. Lost to another short stack all in with pocket J's (J also hit the flop) Oh well, was fun GG Kevin you are still my favorite WSOP Player!!

After that, on Saturday we went to the MGM and Kevin took his aggression out on the Fish there..lol He cleaned up on the cash tables and was up over a grand, I didn't totally suck, was up about $120. Later that night we decided to do the 9pm multi at the Monte Carlo. I gotta say, I played pretty much flawless except for one hand I chased to the river and didnt catch. I ended up in second place, yay me {happy dance}

Sunday we checked out and motored around, got a couple souveniers, had a Fat Burger and a chocholate shake (I dare anyone to get anything outa that straw within the first 10 minutes) was awesome. Flight back was fast.. and now I can say I've been to Vegas, thanks to my great friend Kevin.

No comments: